Project: Beach erosion and recovery
Supervisors: Dr Chris Blenkinsopp and Dr Nick McCullen
Prior to joining the WISE CDT PhD Programme, Gwyn graduated with a BEng in Civil and Environmental Engineering at Cardiff University and following this an MSc in Environmental Engineering from Queens University Belfast.
During his Master’s, Gwyn completed several projects regarding the remediation of contaminated land, contaminant transport and renewable energy strategies for existing buildings. In addition he completed modules in fields such as Hydrogeology, Modelling of Contaminant Transport, Coastal Engineering, Tidal Energy and Waste Management.
- Renewable energy technologies
- Coastal engineering and processes
- Water quality assessment and improvement
- Water recycling
- Environmental impact assessment
- Water resources in developing countries
WISE 2017 Summer School Presentation: Gwyn_Hennessey_Jun17